SOLVED

Hide Delve Tile - Keep Graph Enabled

Silver Contributor

Does anyone know of any way to hide the Delve tile on the App Launcher AND on the O365 Home Page without disabling the Microsoft Graph.

I don't think that this is possible, but I need some confirmation for my client.

7 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
I don't think this is possible Dean...and you would need to hide from the Launcher and also from the Office 365 Home page
Hey Dean, I see you are asking a lot of questions here related to how to disable stuff. What are the typical reasons your customers are asking you to do that? I'm curious about the kind of reasons people have to not want their employees to see Delve or MyAnalytics etc.

Usually fear. They'll stick it behind terms such as "managing risk" or "data privacy concerns", but if you actually convince them to do their due diligence and deep dive into the vast majority of things inside Office 365 that are rated Tier C or D in the compliance framework you'll find out that you just spent a lot of time confirming exactly what Microsoft told you on day one. Will you find little bits and pieces here and there that maybe aren't ideal? Probably. In the long run do they really change the risk profile all that much. Not really.

So again, other than perhaps highly regulated industries or government requirements, it is fear of the unknown.

Delve in particular the concerns come from people getting access to see things they shouldn't, which is a user issue not a Delve/technical issue. Delve surfaces exactly what it is supposed to, so if it surfaces documents it shouldn't be to people who shouldn't be seeing it, that is because permissions are set incorrectly. This should be celebrated as now you can close that gap instead of sticking your head in the sand and continuing to play the "security by obscurity" charade. Not to mention that if permissions are set wrong, enterprise search would surface the same exact thing except no one is probably using enterprise search that deeply to find it.

Have I ranted enough yet? Is it obvious that I've dealt with issues like this in the past yet? ;)

Don't accidentally save that executive compensation report to the wrong folder.  ;)

This is exactly what happened with one of my users. They saved a confidential report about their team in their 'shared with everyone' folder and now we're getting asked to turn it off.

Ouch! I guess that's why Microsoft did away with those Shared with Everyone folders for new users back in 2015, because of the risk of unintended sharing.  It's a teachable moment though, rather than hiding Delve/disabling Office Graph, more thought on where documents are saved or how they are shared is beneficial (or just deprovision those existing Shared with Everyone folders!).  It's a good thing really Delve picked this up, as it would have been accessible irrespectively.

You'll never be able to solve user with tech. :)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
I don't think this is possible Dean...and you would need to hide from the Launcher and also from the Office 365 Home page

View solution in original post