SOLVED

Migration to Azure related question

Copper Contributor

I was reading official documentation on  Migrating to Microsoft Azure and was not clear on the following. Can someone please explain?

The most straight-forward approach to migrate a workload into Azure, is often to simply provision an adequate environment in Azure (storage, virtual network, etc.) and reinstall the workload on IaaS VMs.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Raza Syed (Copper Contributor)
Solution
By this they are referring to deploying new VM's in Azure and just reinstalling the workload that you had on-premises. Not sure if i would call it the most straight-forward, depends on how complicated the re installation process is.

I would suggest using Azure recovery Services, you could migrate from Hyper-V and VMware using this service and test fail over prior to a permanent fail-over
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Raza Syed (Copper Contributor)
Solution
By this they are referring to deploying new VM's in Azure and just reinstalling the workload that you had on-premises. Not sure if i would call it the most straight-forward, depends on how complicated the re installation process is.

I would suggest using Azure recovery Services, you could migrate from Hyper-V and VMware using this service and test fail over prior to a permanent fail-over

View solution in original post