SOLVED

I would like to change my Canary version of windows back to the dev level

Copper Contributor

I have been having issues with some programs that i use after i put my insider program to the canary build, if there was a process that i could go through to rollback, that would be wonderful

4 Replies
best response confirmed by ThomasMallett (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ThomasMallett  

In this Blog there is an official explanation - to downgrade Canary you need to do a clean install of Windows:

What’s coming for the Windows Insider Program in 2023 | Windows Insider Blog

"

For Insiders who are automatically moved to the Canary Channel but want to be in the Dev Channel instead, they will need to do a clean installation of Windows 11 to make the switch.

To learn how to clean install your Windows 11 device, please go to our clean installation guide to watch the below tutorial video, and follow the steps"

Dev Channel will not get any new builds in the range 23xxx, 26xxx will be the new range for Dev, Canary will move to new range soon
so eventually, all Insiders on current 23xxx Dev will need to jump to 26xxx

@abbodi1406   :)

Update, temporarily Microsoft has released the same ISO for the Canary and Dev channels so that users don't have to do a clean install of Windows to switch to a lower Dev version.

Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 26058 (Canary and Dev Channels) | Windows Insider Blog

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThomasMallett (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ThomasMallett  

In this Blog there is an official explanation - to downgrade Canary you need to do a clean install of Windows:

What’s coming for the Windows Insider Program in 2023 | Windows Insider Blog

"

For Insiders who are automatically moved to the Canary Channel but want to be in the Dev Channel instead, they will need to do a clean installation of Windows 11 to make the switch.

To learn how to clean install your Windows 11 device, please go to our clean installation guide to watch the below tutorial video, and follow the steps"

View solution in original post