Exchange Migration Cross forest

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I planning to do an exchange Migration from forest A to forest B and the email address will be changed. I don't want to set any trust between the two, i will simply create the active directory users from scratch with new passwords and will install and configure the exchange environment in the target forest and will create the mailboxes.

i will use a third-party tool to migrate the mailboxes between the two forests and after cutover i will add the alias of the old email as additional proxy address to the mailboxes.

i am assuming everything will work fine however i have seen lot of articles on the internet about we have to migrate the legacyexchangeDN from the source environment and to add it as X500 proxy address as well in the destination or we might face issues in the migrated recurrent meetings when someone wants to edit or when someone reply to a migrated email....

I can afford having some meeting corrupted after migration but i cant afford the headache of NDR when someone reply to the migrated emails it will be a disaster....

anyone had this experience before  to share it with me especially regarding the reply to the migrated emails and i did not lot of documentation from Microsoft about such scenario?

Thank You.

0 Replies