Home

How to Manage Microsoft Teams & Send Messages using the Teams API in Microsoft Graph

Highlighted
Tom Morgan
MVP

I'm not sure how well known this is, but there is support in Microsoft Graph for creating and managing Channels and sending messages to Channels. It's still in Beta and I'm sure that there are lots of great improvements planned still, but there might be enough there today to enable you to do what you want.

Full walk through here: https://blog.thoughtstuff.co.uk/2017/07/how-to-manage-microsoft-teams-send-messages-using-the-teams-...

Thanks,

-tom

5 Replies

Hi,

We have a requirement to IM a person from intranet. We thought of using MS Teams, instead of Skype.

However, could not find any api/client code to open MS teams to message particular person using code. Any idea?

Regards,

Jayesh

That's awesome, I didn't know about that.  How did you find that, is it documented? Or you just discovered it worked?

-tom

@Tom Morgan wrote:

That's awesome, I didn't know about that.  How did you find that, is it documented? Or you just discovered it worked?

-tom

Good question @Tom Morgan . I'd be a bit wary of using something that isn't officially documented - no guarantee it will work in the future.

What I need to do is post a chat message to someone via an API. Was googling for the answer and ended up here.

Related Conversations
Teams - Chat History
David Gorman in Microsoft Teams on
8 Replies
Remove MS shifts schedule from a Channel in MS Teams
John Crook in Microsoft Teams on
17 Replies
Move Channels between Teams
HerculesConsen in Microsoft Teams on
9 Replies
MS Teams - Shifts and Home
Tomaz Kralj in Microsoft Teams on