Updated for 20H2: Windows 10 gets better with every release

Microsoft

With each release, Windows 10 improves from a security, productivity, and manageability perspective.  But the underlying message, and what makes it all possible, is the agility and unbelievable engineering innovation that simplifies the servicing process for the IT Pro. Delivering on my promise to make it a habit to share the better together slides with each release, the version attached to this post covers IT innovations through Windows 10, version 20H2--and the end of service (EOS) date for each feature set so you don't get too close to hitting EOS for any of the devices in your estate. 

Windows 10 improvements and innovations: version 1507 to version 1809Windows 10 improvements and innovations: version 1507 to version 1809

Windows 10 improvements and innovations: version 1903 to version 20H2Windows 10 improvements and innovations: version 1903 to version 20H2

Stay tuned for the next update! 

27 Replies

@Dave_Backman  This is great! Can you please tell me when Microsoft is releasing Windows 10 version 2009 and what features it comes with? @HotCakeX and @TheShaunSaw too.

Most likely this month, October
there are general articles about new features in build 20H2 like this one:
https://www.windowscentral.com/hands-windows-10-version-20h2-showcasing-new-features-and-changes

for more detailed change log you can use Windows insider blog and read the posts labeled "20H2"
https://blogs.windows.com/blog/tag/windows-insider-program/
Thanks! I'll check it out.

@Dave_Backman 

Thank you for sharing and this is very valuable.

This is very helpful when you want to proof why it is important to upgrade to new build.

@Kam 

I don't have any idea about the release date of version 2009 but according to the normal schedule the release to manufactures (RTM) of the version should have happened in September and it should be released to the users in October if everything goes well :smile:

@Kam  No date has been released as of yet so stay tuned... should be soon.

@Reza_Ameri-Archived Is a great tool to illustrate a number of different  points around servicing... the importance, the agility of our engineering innovation, EOS dates, etc.  Will post the update with 20H2 as soon as its available...

@Dave_Backman 

Looking forward to that.

The link doesn't work, @Joe Lurie.

@HotCakeX Extra space at the end! Fixed :)

@Joe Lurie 

Thank you for reminder.

Noted and I already add comment.

What about cortana guys that is so disgusting. Try something about it in Windows 20H2
When I compare current Cortana to the Cortana that was available in the first version of Windows 10, it had a lot more features. my favorite was song detection.

the Cortana we have in Windows 10 20H2 is so dull and unhelpful.

I know what I want from an AI assistance but Cortana in Windows 10 20H2 fails to provide them.

The team behind Cortana knows this perfectly well, a lot better than us, but for some reason they care more about the enterprise side of Cortana than consumer side.

What I expect from Cortana on Windows 10 is to be at least on par with Google assistance on Android.
Yes but i found very sad they have forced the "news" Cortana on us, when our country doesn't even support it so we have a Cortana who run cannot be disabled and if we click on her, she say she don't work on our country, seriously Microsoft let us use the old one if the news one don't work in our country …
@HotCakeX I'm still stuck with 20H1!!! + the new useless Cortana

@Kam We still have safeguards in place to make sure devices do not have a bad experience when upgrading (maybe a device driver doesn't work yet with 20H2, or any number of other reasons). Check out our blog on safeguards here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-it-pro-blog/access-safeguard-hold-details-with-update...