Active Directory: Group Policy Wallpaper Results in Black Desktop Background

Copper Contributor

I hope you can help me with this issue. I'll try to be as concise as possible:

I have an Active Directory set up on a Windows Server 2012 Standard, with the computers in the directory running Windows 11 Pro and all having active licenses. I've implemented a Group Policy Object (GPO) for wallpaper settings on the Active Directory computers. The wallpaper is located on a network path with appropriate permissions.

When a new computer joins the Active Directory, the wallpaper works correctly. However, the problem arises when a computer disconnects from the network (either by unplugging the network cable or taking laptops home). In these cases, the wallpaper doesn't display, and the background turns black.

Upon rejoining the Active Directory network, the wallpaper should theoretically work again, but it doesn't. I've tried restarting the computers without success. I've also attempted using the commands "gpupdate /force" and "gpresult /r," both of which show that everything is correct: the computers are connected and have the correct policies.

Any assistance or insights into resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 Reply
I think your license has been corrected you directly installed a winserver you doun use a virtual pc. 2 way to resolve that you will format your windows and choose what windows you what. Or system restore back to old windows you use.