SOLVED

RD client - Windows 365 - Block Clipboard

Brass Contributor
I am struggling to disable access to the clipboard data(Clipboard redirection) of the local client from the Cloud PC.

We want to ensure no data can get transferred to and from the Cloud PC to the local PC.

I used an on-prem GPO, the MEM settings catalog, OMA-URI and even manually added reg key fDisableClip, but can't seem to block clipboard.

Anyone else having similar troubles?

FYI the config policy setting in MEM to block local drive access works perfectly but the block clipboard, COM port, plugnplay, etc, all show errors in MEM when looking at status of setting.

I think the informational pop up when looking at settings in catalog, it mentions blocking clipboard and other settings are for windows insiders only if I recall correctly  
5 Replies
best response confirmed by se8791 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@se8791 - That's surprising that Domain-based GPO didn't work. Can you try that again? We also have some documentation that also links to the ADMX files - Manage device RDP redirections for Cloud PCs. | Microsoft Docs .

You are correct, some of the settings in MEM Settings Catalog only applies to Windows Insider machines. We are working with them, and as soon as they are available to more versions of Windows, we'll update our documentation to include that.

Thanks much
I am looking into why the AD GPO's didnt work - they arent showing in GPRESULT so not applied so might be an issue on my end. I did wind up using an Intune PS script to add reg key to disable clip as a workaround - which is working at the moment.
Thanks for checking in.
Update:
It was an issue on our end with the GPO. Once we straightened that out, the on-prem GPO applied to the Cloud PC using settings from MS that you linked. Thanks again very much for your assistance.
Have a nice day
I'm having the same issue, @se8791, can you share what it was you found/fixed to get this to work via GPO?
For us we simply had the GPO linked incorrectly. Once linked properly, settings applied to the Cloud PC's and access to clipboard and other resources are now blocked.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by se8791 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@se8791 - That's surprising that Domain-based GPO didn't work. Can you try that again? We also have some documentation that also links to the ADMX files - Manage device RDP redirections for Cloud PCs. | Microsoft Docs .

You are correct, some of the settings in MEM Settings Catalog only applies to Windows Insider machines. We are working with them, and as soon as they are available to more versions of Windows, we'll update our documentation to include that.

View solution in original post