Combine Windows 365 Business with Windows 365 Enterprise and a Resize Question

Copper Contributor

Is it possible to run both Enterprise and Business cloud PC's? We have an on prem domain but a large portion of our users are "cloud only" and I need the ability to manage everything via MEM if at all possible.

If it's not possible what are my options to get our cloud only users setup with Cloud PC's (kind of sounds weird when you read that)?

Also, is anyone able to resize a cloud PC? I have the appropriate licenses in place (although it's unclear what I need to change to be able to resize) but when I select a PC to resize and pick the appropriate level, I keep getting and error in Azure that says Initiate Rezise (preview) failed, no details are available in the logs so I'm stuck.

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies
Support for AADJ is coming (pro tip; check out our "in development" doc as this doc has all our roadmap items). When we have AADJ support then Cloud only users in AAD will be capable of provisioning Cloud PC's that are AADJ. Today we only support Cloud PC's that are Hybrid AADJ (HAADJ), which requires AD and users to be in AD synchronized to AAD.

@Eric Orman - thanks for the info! Looking forward to the release!!! I couldn't find any details on the roadmap, is there any estimate when the AADJ feature will be ready?

Also, is there anywhere you can point me regarding the resize issue I'm having?

-Jim

https://aka.ms/w365roadmap is link to the in-development doc.

Resize often fails because the initial Windows 365 license was assigned using group based licensing rather than direct licensing assignment, please confirm the license was direct assigned. What happens during resize is we swap licenses on the back end, that is why resize often fails because group based licensing blocks the swap.

@Eric Orman - thanks for the follow up/reply. I figured out the resize issue. I assigned the license via Office 365 Admin so a new device was provisioned in MEM. After removing the license (and the device that was provisioned by that action) I was able to do the resize in MEM.

-Jim