SOLVED

Windows 11 Updates Cause Device to Crash Regularly

Copper Contributor

The latest "uninstall-able" Windows 11 updates cause my device to crash regularly. When I uninstall them, the crashing stops, but Windows prompts me to install them again shortly after installing them.

The updates are: KB5034467 & KB5035853.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

10 Replies
Just stall installing until the new Updates arrive. This is a known issue.
Uninstalling them and stalling seems to be the ticket.

Thanks for confirming.
Revert back to the previous version. You have 15 days left to restore the device to previous state after installing a new update.
Thanks! Seems like make use of the "Uninstall Updates" settings works.
It's possible that the updates may have caused compatibility issues with your device's hardware or software drivers.
best response confirmed by Jochenn101 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I suggest disabling the update feature as it happens too often. And some of the update brings up annyoing issues and hard to be fixed.
Thank you:) That is exactly what I have been doing and it works.

@Jochenn101 I actually reset to a previous update and it sadly did not work for me. I was still crashing and now my computer is stuck in a cycle of shutting down, restarting, shutting down, restarting, and cannot be hard reset.... I have had to completely unplug my rig and pray that this works......

@Aerlina Same thing happened to me not long after my initial post. I could at least reset my device, but this took the better part of a day, including having to reinstall all my software.

All of the best and I hope that you get your device to work.

@Orizonman this latest update has completely shut down my pc. It now takes me to trouble shooting screen but none of the options will fix the issue. It also can't find  my last save point ( which was 3 weeks ago) 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jochenn101 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I suggest disabling the update feature as it happens too often. And some of the update brings up annyoing issues and hard to be fixed.

View solution in original post