Microsoft Viva Topics brings knowledge to workers in the apps they use every day. We’re continuing to build new capabilities for Viva Topics. Our most recent update is API integration with Yammer.
Yammer is integrating with and adopting Viva Topics to make community-sourced knowledge easily accessible across an organization and support a consistent experience in Microsoft 365. Among others, this provides the following benefits for an organization:
- Topics will mean and refer to the same subject - whether in Yammer, Viva Topics, or elsewhere in Microsoft 365.
- Premium Viva Topics experiences like topic cards will show in Yammer.
- Premium Viva Topics experiences like pages and cards will include content from Yammer such as questions and answers, and conversations.
- Topics can be managed centrally.
- Permissions can be managed for who gets to create or edit topics.
Over time, users with the appropriate licensing will see topics in Yammer enhanced with Viva Topics experiences, such as topic cards, while unlicensed users can continue to use topics in Yammer the way they are used to. Only Yammer networks in Native Mode networks are eligible for the premium Viva Topics experiences.
Today, we're spotlighting our API integrations with Yammer. Learn more about the Yammer Topic API changes in this article.
We’ll continue to expand Microsoft Viva’s capabilities. Keep an eye out for new blog posts or register for our newsletter to stay up to date on the latest feature releases.