SOLVED

Users can't see attached file in Webinar Chat

Copper Contributor

Hi all. I uploaded a file to the chat of a webinar before beginning the webinar. I can see the file (pdf) in the chat on my screen during the webinar (I am the only host), but none of the participants could. Participants included both internal and external users. Is this normal? Don't webinars support file sharing in the chat? 

Thanks. 

Steve

3 Replies
best response confirmed by SMcAneney (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @SMcAneney ,

This is currently expected with external users. File sharing is only available when there are internal (in-tenant) users at this time. Once external users are in the webinar, files are no longer accessible. (this is true for regular Teams meetings in general) We're working to address this with the files team.

Thanks Bryan. It'd be nice if this was documented somewhere in Microsoft docs or Teams help for example. If it already is, I apologise, but I certainly couldn't find it. Cheers.

Just checking if this has been resolved yet. I am trying to share a pdf file with attendees of a webinar and the "attach" button is missing. I can see it in other chats but with external attendees, it's not coming up. Please help.

@SMcAneney 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by SMcAneney (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @SMcAneney ,

This is currently expected with external users. File sharing is only available when there are internal (in-tenant) users at this time. Once external users are in the webinar, files are no longer accessible. (this is true for regular Teams meetings in general) We're working to address this with the files team.

View solution in original post