SOLVED

What to do when people dont have a phone

Copper Contributor

Hi volks, 

we are using universal print since a few weeks and it works really good. I have two questions where i found now answer maybe they are stupid but i wanted to give it a try :) 

1. Is there a good solution for people to print when we activated secure qr code at the printer and for example the worker forgot his phone at home ? - I mean sure i could connect the printer for direct printing but we want to have everyone to make secure print.

2. Is there a possible way if we have activated secure print with qr code, that for example the boss is printing something and his secretary needs to pick up the prints ?

Maybe those questions are stupid but i want to have a backup plan.

Thanks for your input guys :)

Cheers,

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Makishi (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Makishi, both of these are very valid questions.

Currently, Universal Print supports 2 methods of secure release: PIN and QR code with the phone app.

We are planning additional secure release methods like releasing the job by swiping a badge on the printer. Please upvote this feature request if this is important to your organization, and please comment with any additional details that are specific to your organization. This would be an alternative to the phone. Also, if you have other suggestions, please create a new feature request at 

Delegated secure release (i.e., someone sends a print job and someone else releases it at the printer) is also not yet available. Please upvote the feature request.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Makishi (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Makishi, both of these are very valid questions.

Currently, Universal Print supports 2 methods of secure release: PIN and QR code with the phone app.

We are planning additional secure release methods like releasing the job by swiping a badge on the printer. Please upvote this feature request if this is important to your organization, and please comment with any additional details that are specific to your organization. This would be an alternative to the phone. Also, if you have other suggestions, please create a new feature request at 

Delegated secure release (i.e., someone sends a print job and someone else releases it at the printer) is also not yet available. Please upvote the feature request.

View solution in original post