Universal Print volume add-on: Windows or Microsoft 365?

Occasional Contributor

What is the difference between the following offers:

  • Universal Print volume add-on (500 jobs) - Windows ( d3ddc493-5741-4e0d-a02d-07edbb0bb72e )
  • Universal Print volume add-on (500 jobs) - Microsoft 365 ( cb131356-45ee-4ae2-8537-873b706c8e75 )
3 Replies
I've been advised that it is all dependent on how you're getting the base-service of Universal Print in the first place.

If you're getting it through one of the 365 plans (Microsoft 365 Enterprise F3, E3, E5, A3, A5, Business Premium), then you use the volume add-on - Microsoft 365

If you're getting it through Windows 10 Enterprise E3, E5, A3, A5 - then you use the volume add-on - Windows.

I did inquire about which one you'd use if you were using the standalone Universal Print license, and was told there's no add-on for this, or that you'd use additional standalone licenses, but I'm not sure I trust that answer so much!

Hope that helps though.
best response confirmed by Saurabh_Bansal (Microsoft)
Microsoft Verified Best Answer


The volume add-on is also available for customers that have the Universal Print stand-alone subscription. Login to, select Billing, then Purchase services. Select Add-ons at the top. Scroll down to add-ons and make sure you click See all Add-ons products and scroll down again. 

Yes, a lot of clicking and scrolling before you see it. 


Thanks Mark - Microsoft need to making their licensing page for this a bit clearer - if they added something like your comments it would be very helpful