Universal Print GCC - Xerox Print and Scan Experience not working

Brass Contributor

I have attempted contacting Microsoft Support and Xerox Support regarding this issue, however I have been unsuccessful with acquiring support from any team.  This has been non-functional for several months and is extremely frustrating with how 'easy' Universal Print should be with deployment.

In another techcommunity post here, it has been mentioned that the Xerox Print and Scan Experience PSA has been updated to support Universal Print (However this is not reflected as resolved in the Universal Print documentation here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/universal-print/fundamentals/universal-print-known-issues#some-xer...

When attempting to print to a universal printer WITHOUT the Xerox PSA installed, the print jobs send and print correctly.  When the Xerox PSA IS installed, the print jobs report as sent on the client machine, however are not printed nor do they show in the Universal Print portal.  This issue is reproducible with the install/uninstall of the Xerox PSA.

I have ensured that I am on a supported version of Windows, the Xerox printers (AltaLink C8145) are on the latest firmware version, that the printers support direct connection to Universal Print, verified connectivity to universal print, and verified licensing.  I have scoured event logs and every log file/troubleshooting tool possible, however this is the only lead I can find with regards to the Xerox Print and Scan Experience app.  Attached is an example of the error messages found.  Note that this issue ONLY occurs with the Xerox Print and Scan experience installed which is marketed by Microsoft/Xerox as working and supported for Universal Print.

The attached log file is located here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Packages\XeroxCorp.PrintExperience_f7egpvdyrs2a8\LocalState\NetworkQueryTime.log

3 Replies

@jonahhebert The link in your email points to printers registered via Connector. My understanding from your post is that you are using Universal Print ready printers. Is that correct?

Have you been able to get help from either Xerox or Microsoft support?

The link for Microsoft is of the community. Have you created a support ticket with Microsoft?