SOLVED

Unable to register HP Color Laserjet Pro M477fnw

Iron Contributor

Hello, 

When trying to register a printer using the connector software, it sees 2 printers on the local network.  When I try to register them, they both fail.  I opened up a ticket with support but they said they don't support Universal Print.  As such, I submitted the error in my Windows Feedback Hub.  However, I have yet to hear back from anyone.  What is the appropriate support process I should be following?

Confirmed that I have a license assigned as well as the print admin role applied.  Error is below.

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-PrintConnector/Operational
Source: Microsoft-Windows-PrintConnector
Date: 4/18/2020 2:52:22 PM
Event ID: 8
Task Category: Registration
Level: Error
Keywords: Session0,Session1,Session2,Session3
User: SYSTEM
Computer: PRG-PRT01
Description:
Register printer start: HP Color LaserJet MFP M477fnw (709905)-153
Sending Registration Request... System.Exception: StatusCode: 403, ReasonPhrase: 'Forbidden', Version: 1.1, Content: System.Net.Http.StreamContent, Headers:
{
x-content-type-options: nosniff
X-MSEdge-Ref: Ref A: 65296EF5FEBB40DBBC31C33DED889709 Ref B: CO1EDGE0414 Ref C: 2020-04-18T20:52:22Z
Cache-Control: no-store, must-revalidate, no-cache, max-age=0
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 20:52:22 GMT
Set-Cookie: UserRegion=usa; path=/; samesite=lax; httponly
Content-Length: 0
}
at ProxyLibrary.RegisterHelper.<SendRegistrationRequest>d__9.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at ProxyLibrary.Register.<RegisterPrinter>d__27.MoveNext()
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-PrintConnector" Guid="{f22577b2-5121-585a-50b1-a4fde8a4413a}" />
<EventID>8</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>65526</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000f00000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-04-18T20:52:22.996030700Z" />
<EventRecordID>142</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="3732" ThreadID="2628" />
<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-PrintConnector/Operational</Channel>
<Computer>PRG-PRT01</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="reason">Register printer start: HP Color LaserJet MFP M477fnw (709905)-153
Sending Registration Request... System.Exception: StatusCode: 403, ReasonPhrase: 'Forbidden', Version: 1.1, Content: System.Net.Http.StreamContent, Headers:
{
x-content-type-options: nosniff
X-MSEdge-Ref: Ref A: 65296EF5FEBB40DBBC31C33DED889709 Ref B: CO1EDGE0414 Ref C: 2020-04-18T20:52:22Z
Cache-Control: no-store, must-revalidate, no-cache, max-age=0
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 20:52:22 GMT
Set-Cookie: UserRegion=usa; path=/; samesite=lax; httponly
Content-Length: 0
}
at ProxyLibrary.RegisterHelper.&lt;SendRegistrationRequest&gt;d__9.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at ProxyLibrary.Register.&lt;RegisterPrinter&gt;d__27.MoveNext()</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

2 Replies

@David Wanderer sorry to hear about your experience with Support. We will take a look at your Windows feedback and work with you on the issue. Can you share link for your feedback? To get the share link, you can go to Feedback Hub, open the feedback item and there will be an option to "Share".

We will like to learn a bit more on your Support experience. Can you share how you filed the support request? Did you use any of the following methods?

best response confirmed by Saurabh_Bansal (Microsoft)
Solution
Support reached out to me and was able to help me fix my problem. We have conditional access policies in place. One of the policies is set to not allow non-compliant machines to access the tenant. The universal print connector software is installed on a machine that is not AAD joined so it was not compliant. Easy fix -- error code wasn't super obvious but would recommend putting something in the documentation to remind people to either join the device to AAD via Endpoint Manager OR in the troubleshooting section, add a blurb that highlights checking Intune/CA policies if printers won't register. Thanks for the assist guys! :)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Saurabh_Bansal (Microsoft)
Solution
Support reached out to me and was able to help me fix my problem. We have conditional access policies in place. One of the policies is set to not allow non-compliant machines to access the tenant. The universal print connector software is installed on a machine that is not AAD joined so it was not compliant. Easy fix -- error code wasn't super obvious but would recommend putting something in the documentation to remind people to either join the device to AAD via Endpoint Manager OR in the troubleshooting section, add a blurb that highlights checking Intune/CA policies if printers won't register. Thanks for the assist guys! :)

View solution in original post