Policies for Universal Print

Copper Contributor

Hi,

We're using Universal Print in our organization and I'd like to limit the possibilities the users have to add any other printers then those in UP. 

Is there any policy adjustments which can be made to assure the "Work or School" setting is selected under "Show printers and scanners associated with my"? If USB or Network is selected, the users might add local or network printers, which is what we want to avoid.

Is there a policy which can make sure "work or school" is pre-selected? 

My second question is regarding location services. It's stated that Universal Print will list the nearest printers based on GPS locations. Does anyone know which policy's is need to be enabled for this to work? Locations services and Maps I assume? 

1 Reply

@TobiasAhlberg 

• "Work or School" policy: Unfortunately, no policy exists to control this. I would suggest creating a feature request at https://aka.ms/UPIdeas to track this.
  • Location-based printer discovery: The "location services" setting needs to be enabled for location-based discovery to work. Go to Settings > Privacy & security > Location and enable these 3 toggles:
    Braeden_Petruk_MSFT_0-1709683053459.png