Cannot see Universal Print Queue Jobs from QR Code to M365 App on iOS

Copper Contributor

Hi, I have a Universal Print Printer setup to use QR Code Release and I have the QR Code on the printer.

If I print Jobs from Windows in two different desktops I can see the queue reflects the jobs stacking up in the queue for that specific printer under the appropriate username.

When I scan the QR Code on my iOS device with the same user account signed into the M365 App the queue says it is empty.

I have tried with the iOS Camera (redirects to M365 no problem same result) and within Scan QR Code within the M365 App.

In either case the app supplies the correct name of the printer, the location/description text and allows "Cancel | Next", then after selecting Next, it checks for print jobs and then shows the paper aeroplane with "Nothing to print".  When you send items to the printer they will show here".

Furthermore I find that I cannot discover the printer from iOS, within the M365 app or other print dialogues.  The "Recent Printer" that is shown is the local AirPrint instance of the printer and I can't add another one by searching for "work or school" printers like I can on Windows desktops (which works just fine).

Seems that the problem is localised to the phone (the Universal Print App on the printer sees the jobs in the queue just fine and can release etc no problem).

Since the phone is presumably looking into the queue on the cloud I didn't think there could be any difference seeing the queue from the phone (printer app is an Android IDE style).

I can confirm that the M365 App version is 2.78(23100104)

Also the User is fully permissioned an the licensing for MUP is all in place.

Any suggestions?

TIA and all the best,
Will

3 Replies

@willparker - few things:

1. Universal Print printers cannot be used for printing on iOS yet. You can print from iOS to Universal Print only by using OneDrive for Business in a browser (even app is not supported yet)
  2. For Secure Release using iOS and Microsoft 365 app, have you checked what user login is user signed-in with? If you have multiple accounts then the logged in account on the app may be different from the account you sent the job.

I also recommend referencing the documentation here - https://aka.ms/UPQRCodeSecureReleaseDocs

Thanks
Saurabh

Thanks for the reply Saurabh. I was very careful to ensure I was using the correct M365 App Account, though I do have several.
Would I expect to see other jobs in the release queue in M365 after scanning the QR, if those jobs had been sent from the same signed-in user on a Windows Desktop?
For example, print Test Page to the UP in Windows 11, then scan QR on printer with the M365 App on my iOS Device - should I expect to see the Test Page able to be released?
I will continue to peruse the documentation, thank you for the link.
Will
Any job sent to the Secure Release printer from anywhere will be in the queue. If the corresponding user scans the QR code on their phone and login with the corresponding account then they will see the print job(s) for releasing.

Can you go to the Universal Print admin portal and under the corresponding printer look at the jobs? For the given user do jobs show-up on the portal? Please tally the account on portal with logged in account on Microsoft 365 app.