SOLVED

The survey - bother - is today every time you log in!

Gold Contributor
18 Replies

@A1 

This is another speech - I have already completed the survey - I have no intention of doing it many times - it needs to be fixedZrzut ekranu 2021-07-13 231144.png

best response confirmed by A1 (Gold Contributor)
Solution

@A1 

The survey will only come up once every 90 days, unless you view the site from multiple locations with a different IP address and clear your cookies.

If you are seeing it more than that then please record the times and the device you saw it on and send it to me in a PM and I will ask our engineers to look into it.

Its probably worth noting this is the first time we have run the survey since the end of March 2020 so we are trying not to be overly intrusive with it.

@Allen 

Hello 

I did not change the settings, and now I think it has to do with a new update19043.1110  KB5004237  - you once I was not logged in and the speech repeated, but as logged in there is no request for a survey!

but I actually use different computers in different locations.

Andrzej1_0-1626306010663.png

@Allen 

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/tech-community-discussion/tell-up-what-you-think/m-p/1442876

I think it's the same as in 2020!

When filling out the first card - I would like to mark 3 answers, but I have to choose only one - it is worth analyzing the method of sharing, and the possibility of linking the survey to the account of the MTC Member - so as not to disturb repeatedly because it is really annoying.

You can put a link in your profile and as someone has time to fill it out-more extensive survey.

Andrew

Andrzej1_0-1626470897834.png

Very well!
today is the first day without a survey!
Thank you!

Hi, 

Sometimes we see the following survey in the Microsoft Technical Community, it would have been nice if once you answer the survey it associated with your account and won't ask again (in case user is login). I am referring to the following survey.

Reza_Ameri_0-1654958729916.png

Another problem with this survey is it just popup while we are in middle of reading or posting something and it is a bit negative user experience, and it would have been nice to ask for survey without showing like the popup and may be as a toolbar on the top or bottom of the page.

@Reza_Ameri 

I see it quite seldom and never answered, if only long ago. However, form time to time it appears and that is really annoying in my scenario. Usually I open the feed and by right click open all unread messages. Usually few dozens of them. And in each I see that pop-up. Never know when it could appear.

True, the problem is it lock the menu and we have to take action, so sometimes I am reading something and this suddenly popup. I believe there is a need to improve the User Experience.

@Reza_Ameri 

Next time I'll try to answer if that helps. If that is related to cookies I clean them all once per few months, thus that won't work.

In general, I am not happy with the user experience whether keep the cookie or remove them.

@Reza_Ameri @Sergei Baklan,

The survey pops up for the first 10k users every 90 days, however - and this is a big however - the survey doesn’t automatically connect to a user, it instead connects to devices using cookies. 

So if you login from multiple devices you will possibly see it multiple times in one month, or if you login in-private, in guest mode or you clear your cookies then you may also see the survey multiple times. 

So why do we do the survey every 90 days? The primary reason for this is to allow us to capture how views, opinions and issues change over time. We can thus identify what we change or what content was published that had that effect.

Unfortunately there is no way to opt out of the survey permanently, such an option would decrease the effectiveness of the survey and the scope of its coverage. 

Hi @Allen 

I am not against surveys, but this pop-up window can be replaced, for example, in the profile settings once every three months reminder and of course after filling in there are no subsequent occurrences I think that it can be done to make the impression of a regular user better!

The survey - bother - is today every time you log in! - Microsoft Tech Community

Hi Allen,

Thank you for the clarification, I request consider associate it with user ID too. For example, if I fill up the survey, it won't ask me to do it again like if I am using a different device. Also, please consider improving the user experience. It locks he screen, and it is like STOP and fill the survey.

@Reza_Ameri 

thanks for the feedback, the survey is one area of the community we can not make many changes to and we certainly can’t connect it to an individual user, it’s just not architected that way.

The platform we use is undergoing a bit of an overhaul during this fiscal year and we may have extra ability to control the survey after that. I will of course keep your feedback for that refresh and see what we can do at that point.

Hi Allen,

Thank you for the clarification, I will keep that in mind but hope to consider my feedbacks in the future.
100%, every bit of feedback I get is logged so we will look to see what we can do with the new stack.
Thank you, Allen,

@Allen 

I see, thank you for the explanation. My problem is I use MTC on 4 different devices and on each of them I clean cookies from time to time. At least now I know what the workaround could be.

More complicated algorithm could be not to include into first 10k users ones with ID < NNN or something like this. In opposite to "no cookie == new user".

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by A1 (Gold Contributor)
Solution

@A1 

The survey will only come up once every 90 days, unless you view the site from multiple locations with a different IP address and clear your cookies.

If you are seeing it more than that then please record the times and the device you saw it on and send it to me in a PM and I will ask our engineers to look into it.

Its probably worth noting this is the first time we have run the survey since the end of March 2020 so we are trying not to be overly intrusive with it.

View solution in original post