Pinned posts

MVP

I see we have a new Pinned Posts near top. Can they be collapsed by default? Once we have seen them they just consume space at the top of screen. Or maybe the better option is to repurpose some of the other wasted space in header.

11 Replies

Hi @Dave Patrick 

I would add even more pinned posts to highlight relevant information.

I think you do not need to change anything (pinned posts can be minimized with one click - on the right is an arrow)

:)

Andrzej1_0-1673277964399.png

Andrzej1_0-1673277630230.png

Too funny, that's just what we needed; more clicking every time we visit.

@Dave Patrick 

There are almost 1000 000 Members in MTC, only 6% are regular users, for them pinned post is needed and certainly should not be hidden by default!

The funny thing is that this requires additional explanation!

->  Interesting in this space, pinned posts are collapsed by default - why?

Andrzej1_0-1673292972837.png

There are almost 1000 000 Members in MTC, only 6% are regular users, for them pinned post is needed and certainly should not be hidden by default!

User's need vary. This should be forced on all users to eat. A better option with little or no disruption would have been to repurpose some of the wasted existing header space.

@Dave Patrick 

Excellent, how would you like to improve it?

The page looks like this. So much wasted space here.

DavePatrick_0-1673293958431.png

@Dave Patrick 

This requires a wider discussion, but you do not write what would be better?

No, i did not because I'm not a web developer. I think it should be fairly obvious to see the amount of wasted space.

@Dave Patrick 

I think the design of the site is good, changing the zoom correctly scales I do not see the problem, but I will wait for the comment of the Community Manager.

Andrzej1_0-1673301111451.png

I think the design of the site is good,

I guess we'll agree to disagree.

@Dave Patrick 

"

Pinned Topics

For the most part pinned topics are owned by the individual product teams. We encourage all teams to review pinned topics regularly and remove any that are old / no longer relevant. Time boxing pinned posts is not a feature we currently support, it's an interesting idea and something I will look into further. "

This is an excerpt from the discussion response:

Things to improve ... - Microsoft Community Hub