Home feed not filtering on my communities and spaces

Brass Contributor

My Home feed filtered Latest Activity based on my spaces and communities until a few days ago. Now it shows posts from all communities. I tried clearing cookies, logging out and back in, but that did not help. Has there been a change in the filtering of the Home feed Latest Activity? Or is there some problem on my end?

7 Replies

I started a new thread on problems with my Home feed, but the more general problem seems to belong here

My Home feed filtered Latest Activity based on my spaces and communities until a few days ago. Now it shows posts from all communities. I tried clearing cookies, logging out and back in, but that did not help. Has there been a change in the filtering of the Home feed Latest Activity? Or is there some problem on my end?

Even when the Home feed filtered on my chosen spaces, it was not an efficient way to check in quickly and see what is new. Now that I am getting posts from all spaces, it is useless.

I also found Yammer much easier to follow. Simply copying Yammer's approach would improve things.

Hi @Steve Frank

I am experiencing this too. On the Home screen it is showing posts from all communities not just from the spaces and communities I am a part of.

Would like to see this resolved!

Best, Chris

@Steve Frank ,

No the home feed is still powered from communities you have favourited by clicking the heart. I have just done some testing and can confirm that this is still the case, i.e. it has not changed due to a bug or regression

Thank you for your feedback re how the home feed works and its comparisons for yammer, I wonder if you would care to detail a little more about what it is your feel is missing from the home feed and submit it as an idea in the Community Ideas space.

Let me know if your still having issues with what is in the home feed. 

That said I can see you have a post in the 'excel' community which you have not favourite showing up in your home feed. We will do some more testing on this.

I am also moving it into its own thread.

Thanks @Allen for looking into this.

Here is a small screen shot showing my favorites and the 'Excel' post that should not be there, and also a 'SharePoint' post that should not be there. As far as I can tell, I am getting everything, with no filtering by favorites.

@Steve Frank 

I wish I could give you some sort of badge or something.. You did find a bug, which I am pleased to say we shipped a fix for it earlier today. Now when you first load the homepage it may still show the old data, there is caching of the feed but on next reload it should flush for you.

Let me know if you see any more bugs. 

Thanks, @Allen, looks like it is working correctly now. I appreciate the quick fix.