SOLVED

Covert-CcIsoToVhdx failed Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition (CCE) 2.0.1

Copper Contributor

I am not able to create the Base VHDX from windows Server iso image.When Connected and  checked the Temporary VM Created by the Convert-CcIsoToVhdx, it is showing "No images are available".

Please find the screenshot

6 Replies
This step is usually done via Powershell with the following cmdlet Convert-CcIsoToVhdx -IsoFilePath c:\ExampleFilePath\Filename.iso

Thanks for the replay Shawn harry...

Did the same way from Powershell using command "Convert-CcIsoToVhdx -IsoFilePath c:\ExampleFilePath\Filename.iso".

Waited 2 days, but there was no error in powershell and powershell was showing Installing operating system. Then i checked the Temporary VM by connecting from Hyper-V Manager. I saw the screen saying that "No images available". 

I doubt the problem with ISO image i am using, but i downloaded the two times new images and checked by running the Covert-CcIsoToVhdx again not working still i am getting the same screen.

Can you help me with the ISO image, we should use for CCE Base VM creation. And Prerequisites we should take care for creating Base VM anything apart from Technet.

Thanks in advance..

Sudheeesh Surendran

Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard ISO is all thats required. Ensure the host has access to the internet as updates are pulled down during the creation of the VHD.

Is it recommended to use multiple version Windows Server 2012 R2 ISO images? or we have to use ISO image, which is having only standard version.

Here i tried Windows Server R2 ISO images with both Datacenter and Standard edition...

best response confirmed by Sudheesh Surendran (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Your hyper-V host should be runnning Windows 2012 R2 Datacentre edition. The CCE virtual machines need to be Windows 2012 R2. So either standard or datacentre should be ok.

my question is

Do i have to use the ISO image with only Standard version or can be use ISO image with multiple version (both Standard and Datacenter in one ISO)?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Sudheesh Surendran (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Your hyper-V host should be runnning Windows 2012 R2 Datacentre edition. The CCE virtual machines need to be Windows 2012 R2. So either standard or datacentre should be ok.

View solution in original post