User can now manage their voice mail settings via the Skype for Business settings portal.
Back in May we introduced the settings portal with the ability to control pin and caller ID (see Skype for Business settings portal: Reset your pin and more for details) and now Phone System users (previously called Cloud PBX) will also be able to manage their voicemail preferences using virtually any standard browser. Entry-point into the portal will be in the Skype for Business Desktop Client, as well as in the voicemail email body.
The portal will authenticate users using their corporate credentials. Currently, users will be able to:
- Deactivate Voicemail: disable messages temporarily or permanently for users that prefer not to receive voicemail messages
- Change Prompt Language: change the language of the prompts played to callers, as well as the language in which their messages will be transcribed in
- Customized OOF greeting: play a different greeting message to callers while out of office - either set manually or automatically depending on your Outlook and/or calendar OOF status.
Call to action
- Visit the Skype for Business settings portal and test it yourself
- Inform end users about Voicemail settings
- Update your end user training material
- Inform help-desk about these new capabilities
- Questions or comments? Discuss with us in the Community
This post is brought to you by Skype Academy. Visit Skype Academy for technical trainings and readiness around the Skype Operations Framework.