The new Communication rollout plan - explained

Deleted
Not applicable

This is the message from the official blog:

Q: When will communication sites be available in Office 365?

A: Communication sites will begin roll out to Office 365 First Release customers Q2 CY 2017, with full worldwide rollout scheduled for Q3 CY 2017. This includes the five new web parts, section layouts, theming, editable navigation and the new site usage page. The same innovations will be available in SharePoint team sites, as well.

Does this mean, that First Release customers can expect this functionality before the end of Q2 and that ".. with full worldwide rollout scheduled for Q3 CY 2017" means all other customers, that are not First Release in Q3?

4 Replies
That's what I understand from the message
Hi Jonas, I believe Communication Sites are coming as soon as this week. @Andy Haon has mentioned on Twitter that rollout will commence after the Memorial Day Holiday (in the US). First Release is sometimes staggered so not all tenants will receive this 'day one'. Hope this helps! This is a feature set I am looking forward to using.

Hi John. 

Thanks for your reply - the sooner the better! We have multiple clients waiting for OOTB flexbility like this and are more than willing to adapt the modern user interfaces! We can't wait :)

Fingers Crossed!