SOLVED

Sharepoint Semi-Public Download-Center

Copper Contributor

Hello folks

Maybe I asked the wrong question or it is not possible. I didn't find any information so far. If something similar was already here, I am very sorry. 

My case: When we recruit new employees, we send them the contract and lettre with a link pointing to our website. On the Website they have to enter a general Username and Pw, which we told them in the letter (always the same). So it is something like a semi-public space, where they can only download some documents and forms. 

My Problem: It is quite a pain to upload the documents and forms every time something changes. We have a lot of changes and someone has to think about it. Furthermore, HR is responsible for the docs and communication for the website. So in fact we just have redundant information on sharepoint online and on our webpage, which we maintain seperatly. 

Is there any possibility to realise this case directly on sharepoint? 

Thanks in advance! 

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Gregor123 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Checking my understanding:
You have a public site with HR documentation that is available to anyone.
You have a SharePoint site which also has this information and information restricted to applicants and is accessed with a generic user name and password.
Your problem is that it’s difficult to upload updated content to your website and your content changes frequently.

It seems your options are:
Limit the information on your public site and manage the frequently changing content on SharePoint. PowerPages gives you public facing SPO capabilities but at a cost. I suppose you could setup a “More information” page that requires users to enter an email address. After submission, they get an email with another generic user name and password that lets them get as to the public information, but is now managed solely in SPO. Then you still use the other generic account info for the next level of information for applicants.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Gregor123 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Checking my understanding:
You have a public site with HR documentation that is available to anyone.
You have a SharePoint site which also has this information and information restricted to applicants and is accessed with a generic user name and password.
Your problem is that it’s difficult to upload updated content to your website and your content changes frequently.

It seems your options are:
Limit the information on your public site and manage the frequently changing content on SharePoint. PowerPages gives you public facing SPO capabilities but at a cost. I suppose you could setup a “More information” page that requires users to enter an email address. After submission, they get an email with another generic user name and password that lets them get as to the public information, but is now managed solely in SPO. Then you still use the other generic account info for the next level of information for applicants.

View solution in original post