Sharepoint List modern view missing latest records

Copper Contributor

I have a few Modren view SharePoint lists run for a while and recently found I cannot view the latest records from modern view.  However, if I switch to the classic view, I can find those updated records.

From the site content, those lists with the latest updated on 3/21 and after.

But in the modern view, it can only show records modified before 3/17, there are no latest records reflected in the view.

However, once I switch to classic view, I can find records modified after 3/21

Additionally, I found the view name from the drop-down menu is not sync with the view in the LIST setting.

I had a few list views deleted from list settings.

Updating Media

Is there anyone who can help with this issue?

Bon_Cheung_3-1647925289085.png

Bon_Cheung_2-1647924997939.png

Bon_Cheung_1-1647924855476.png

Bon_Cheung_0-1647924734694.png

4 Replies

Hello @Bon_Cheung 

sounds like a mess with list, views and settings...

So, create a new public view in modern without settings, check the records. When it's ok, then you can make your own view settings, filters...

Tipp: Leave the default views like allitems (without settings, filters, grouping....), when you have other requirements, create always your own view.

Regards, Dave

Hi David,

Hi @David Mehr
Thanks for your response.
The interesting thing is I try to log off from office.com and re-open the same Sharepoint list from Edge, the problem is gone. Then I went back to Chrome again and find all the records come back from the modern list again, but i did not make any changes to the list view at all.

Oh ok, it's strange but with this points it's sounds like browser caching troubles, not SharePoint...

I was having the same issue and it turned out to be the Browser Cache, try clearing the cookies and other site data, and cached images and files.