SOLVED

Quick Edit and Toolbar missing from Milestones task list

Copper Contributor

I added a web part for Project Milestones (summary of tasks) to my page.  adn the detailed task list is showing directly below the summary timeline however Quick Edit is disabled for this list and the toolbar that lets you Edit a list is not showing.   How do I get Quick Edit features added back to this list like I have it on other summary task lists?    It exists wehn I first create the list but then at some point it disappears. 

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Joyce Fitzpatrick (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hey Joyce,

There are many reasons Quick Edit could be disabled. Have a go at the following:

Check if Quick Edit is Enabled
Navigate to: List Settings > Advanced Settings > Set Quick Edit to Yes > Ok

View Style
Changing the List View Style (List Settings > View > Style) can remove the Quick Edit functionality. If this has been changed just set it back to default.

Tabular View
While you are in the View Settings, select Tabular View and ensure Allow Individual items checkboxes is checked.

Have you enabled Groupings on the view? If so, remove the grouping. If this all fails, try creating a new view and displaying this through the Web Part instead.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Tom

Thanks I will check those things - havent been back to my SP work in a few days

Joyce

It was the 3rd item you suggested 

Tabular View
While you are in the View Settings, select Tabular View and ensure Allow Individual items checkboxes is checked.

thanks again - Joyce

Great! Glad we were able to solve it.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Joyce Fitzpatrick (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hey Joyce,

There are many reasons Quick Edit could be disabled. Have a go at the following:

Check if Quick Edit is Enabled
Navigate to: List Settings > Advanced Settings > Set Quick Edit to Yes > Ok

View Style
Changing the List View Style (List Settings > View > Style) can remove the Quick Edit functionality. If this has been changed just set it back to default.

Tabular View

Have you enabled Groupings on the view? If so, remove the grouping. If this all fails, try creating a new view and displaying this through the Web Part instead.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Tom

View solution in original post