Modern page - search results when searching in a document library

Brass Contributor

Hi,

We are using modern view for our document libraries.

Can somebody explain to me if and how I can customize the sort order of the results when using the "search" input field in the upper left corner when for one of the document libraries ?

The order of the results in the small results pane that pops up is different compared to the one I receive after hitting return with the "Search results"  from my document library.

Thanks,

Marc

1 Reply

@Marc Nemegeer,

Unless I'm mistaken I don't think you really can with modern search.  By default this filters the document library instead of giving a search results page.  Are you trying to point out the difference between the suggestions that come up and the filtered document library?  You cannot customize the new modern search at all, but a few tweaks to the classic search do effect modern search.  When I tested, it looks that the suggested are more content driven and the More results (filtered library) filters the existing view (meaning the view sort order is maintained).    

Per MS:

You can customize the classic search experience, for example by adding custom refiners to the search results page or displaying a certain type of result differently. You can’t customize the modern search experience like that but note that some of the customizations you make for classic search also impact modern search. Learn how modern search is impacted.