Form for external users to submit resume and details into sharepoint list

Copper Contributor

Hello Community, 

I would like to be able to have a button on our website that let's an external user upload a pdf file andhave them fill in a form with required fields to populate a sharepoint list.  

We currently have this for internal use, we made a document library, which when a file is dropped in it makes you fill a form in to put data into the list.  If anyone has any ideas, I would be greatly appreciative. 

Thanks

Graham Austin

3 Replies

Is this an on-premises or Office 365 environment?  And are the external users authenticated in some way or anonymous access?  If they are authenticated external users then there are some possibilities.  If they are anonymous access I don't think you'll find a way to do it.

This is an online environment, it will be anonymous uploads.  I thought this might be too big an ask.  My next question would be if there was a way to build from scracth something similar.

The main problem will be that SharePoint Online (Office 365) doesn't support anonymous access, other than the Public Web site which is being removed in the next several months.  So anonymous users won't be able to browse the page to even see the button.  You may have to look at a regular anonymous web site in Azure.  In that case you should be able to write regular javascript or asp.net code behind the web site to allow the file upload and web form.  Then take the contents of the web form and add it to a list using a service account and REST calls against SharePoint.

@Graham Austin wrote:

This is an online environment, it will be anonymous uploads.  I thought this might be too big an ask.  My next question would be if there was a way to build from scracth something similar.