SOLVED

Discrepancy with PNP web parts and SharePoint List

Brass Contributor

I have a PNP filter and PNP search results web parts set up to use a SharePoint list as the source.

After doing a bulk update to the list, the PNP web parts now have discrepancies with a few of the columns in the list. The options highlighted in yellow in the screenshot below are not supposed to be there, and do not show up if I filter the same column in the SharePoint list:

eahbxecrfash3q_0-1709317973432.png

All items in the list needed updated and since at the time, the list had over 5k items, all items were deleted and then added back in by importing data from a CSV file into the SharePoint List. I used Reza Dorrani's solution which can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3aQf17ptAs

All of the columns in the list are site columns and have been mapped to a refinablestring in the search schema.

I've tried re-indexing the list after importing the CSV data and manually re-adding the items that had the discrepancies but that didn't help. I am completely stumped as to why the PNP no longer matches the SharePoint list. 

Are you tired of manually importing data from CSV files into your SharePoint List? Look no further! In this comprehensive step-by-step tutorial video, I'll guide you through the seamless process of effortlessly importing your CSV data into your SharePoint List using the incredible power of Power ...
2 Replies

Hello @eahbxecrfash3q 

it looks like the re-index is not ready yet. 

You can also check the incorrect entries with tools to see if the value is still in the index: https://microsoft-search.github.io/pnp-modern-search/using-query-tools-to-verify-issues/

Best, Dave

best response confirmed by eahbxecrfash3q (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hi David, thanks for your response. I checked the entries with the Query Tool but they did match. However, the issue was resolved after I re-created the SharePoint List and re-added the PNP web parts.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by eahbxecrfash3q (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hi David, thanks for your response. I checked the entries with the Query Tool but they did match. However, the issue was resolved after I re-created the SharePoint List and re-added the PNP web parts.

View solution in original post