Deleted EditForm

Copper Contributor

I deleted EditForm from a library by mistake. Is there a way to recover it? I am using SharePoint Online

2 Replies

@Loralai 

How did you delete the EditForm from SP Online document library? Can you mention the steps you performed?

You may be able to restore it using SharePoint designer. Check: Accidentally deleted default EditForm.aspx - same steps might work for SP online as well using SP 2013 designer.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Hi @ganeshsanap I guess it was not an accident. I wanted to use a custom webpart and instead of hiding the default form I deleted it. Designer would have helped to recover it easily but because it have been depreciated, it doesn't anymore.  I fixed this issue by creating a copy of the library and moving the documents (moving not copying) from the original library to the new one.  To preserve the original library name I used a temporary library in between. Thanks for your reply.