SOLVED

Audience targeting sharepoint modern view

Copper Contributor

How to set Audience targeting in SharePoint modern view? This question might have been asked previously, But one of the much-needed feature.

Is there any way to hide list view for a group of users in modern experience.

Since even we don't have elevated permission option in SharePoint online. The only way for elevated permission is to go for provider hosted app but not all are interested to buy space in Azure.

Personal View: These new changes to the SharePoint becoming pain rather than helping users

13 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
No currently there is not. However you still have classic view SharePoint sites that can still do the previous functionality so that is an option until ModernUI pages meet your needs.
Christopher is totally correct!

Thanks for your reply. Yes, classic page is the current option. Even though there is no announcement from Microsoft as of now, I was thinking what happens if the classic page is phased-out in future.

Anyway, I'll use the classic page as of now.

Most functionality will be ported to modern well before they stop support for classic sites.

Hope so,

I was checking Save list as a template,  even that functionality is not available. Why MS is removing all the useful features in the name of improvement.  

I'm looking for the modern take on this as well. It would be nice to be able to add O365 groeps atop the classic DLs, SharePoint groups etc.

For now i'm using the classic implementation. I see a lot of css issues. Any idea how to clean this up? AFAIK there is no custom css going on in this list.Screenshot_1.png

@Tanguy van Durme, make sure in the column settings that you have set it to plain text not rich or enahnaced text, then you won't get those css tags.

Target Audiences for modern Webparts has been announced on this years Ignite. As mentioned in the following UserVoice entry, it will initially be available only for a few webparts (News, Content, Events). Unfortunatly I did not find any concrete release date.

Target Audiences for modern Webparts has been announced on this years Ignite. As mentioned in the following UserVoice entry, it will initially be available only for a few webparts (News, Content, Events). Unfortunatly I did not find any concrete release date.

Sharepoint 2019 or online modern pages was a good idea.
But it s not finished

thanks for this bad news

@vinayak hegde 

I tried below which is working , I wanted to show the All Item view to certain groups.

I went to List Setting->Advance Setting  and then changed the list experience to Classic.

then I went opened that list and edited page, and set Target Audience as per requirement.

then I again set the list experience to modern.

backside the user who were not in Target Audience group were not able see the all item view even in modern site.

to again confirm I opened AllItem.apsx from SharePoint  designer and confirmed the under webpart zone target audience setting was still applied even after changing the exprience to modern view.

Would you please explain what you mean by "opened that list and edited page" with screenshots? Are you editing the view or using SharePoint Designer to edit the list? Doing this will allow me to restrict the users of specific list views?

@vinayak hegde  Still trying to find a solution for this as a personal view with audiences or individuals is warranted for lots of business activities  (Finance, Operations, Reporting, ect.)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
No currently there is not. However you still have classic view SharePoint sites that can still do the previous functionality so that is an option until ModernUI pages meet your needs.

View solution in original post