Adding a seach box to search 2 lists

Iron Contributor

Hi

I am after some help please, related to Search which I don't know much about! A user has a very simple request, which I can't find a solution for. They want to add a search box to a SharePoint page which enables searching of 2 different lists. So the users can enter any search criteria, file name, content in file etc., and see suggestions from both lists based on their criteria.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Laurie

5 Replies
Try to create a custom search page and there a search box web part and specially a search results web part where you can configure the query to be done against the results you get

Hi. OK thanks that sounds do-able. How do I create a custom search page? Is that just a standard wiki or web part page?

Thanks

You can try with out of box search web part , add search web parts on the page and add list view web parts for each list.  In order to filter particular list you need to configure connection between search web part and List view web part. Another way using java scripts and JQUERY customization you can achived this functionality.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks

Manish

Both kind of pages should work!

OK thanks I'll give it a go!