Duplicated main menu within hub site when added to default landing on viva connections

Copper Contributor

I have recent developed an intranet for a client utilising a main hub site as the main landing. There are multiple site linked to this hub and all was working as expected until we set the main hub site as the viva connection landing site and ran the microsoft powershell script to have sharepoint as the default landing as opposed to the viva landing. Since running this script there is now a duplication of the main menu which we are unable to remove. Has anyone else had this issue and if so is there a resolution?

Thanks in advance :thumbs_up:

5 Replies

Hi @Lalit Mohan, thanks for the quick reply and the information. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to cover the issue that i am having. I have attached a screenshot to give a better idea of the strange behaviour we are experiencing. I cant seem to find a solution or even reference to this issue anywhere at the moment. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated:lol:MicrosoftTeams-image (4).png.  

Hi @Jay1986 

Can you check by disabling the global navigation?

@Jay1986 This looks very strange! Try turning OFF Site navigation visibility as given in this article: New Navigation features for SharePoint team sites 

OR check below article which will help you to enable/disable global navigation under SharePoint app bar and customize it as per your requirements to either use Home site navigation OR Hub or global navigation as suggested by @NanddeepNachan:

Enable and Customize Global navigation in the SharePoint app bar 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs