OneDrive for Business App - Not responding

Steel Contributor

We've two instances of the OneDrive for Business app not responding for users. They both changed their password (I made sure nothing was in credential manager).

When they open Onedrive for Business app, it will just say "not responding" with a blank page. I can't access the settings at all. Looks to have updated to latest

2 Replies

@David Gorman We are experiencing the same issue since aprox Monday with more and more calls coming into the service desk. Have you been able to come to resolution? I have tried all the usual places like credential manager, changing password back to old password, and re-installing OneDrive but still get 'not responding' when logging in. 

Hi @Lee Reevell 

Microsoft released an update here. Before it was released I reinstalled OneDrive and enabled silent config which seemed to fix it for those users

OD286672

User Impact: Users will see a frozen white screen when attempting to sign into the OneDrive for Business sync app.

More info: As our investigation continues, we've confirmed with affected users that disabling Export Address Filtering (EAF) is a potential workaround to alleviate the impact. Admins who wish to do so can navigate to Windows Security > App & Browser Control > Exploit Protection Settings > Program Settings > OneDrive.exe > Turn off Export Address Filtering (EAF).