Inaccessible Files

Copper Contributor

Hi there,

I have a major issue with OneDrive and Dropbox. Apparently, Onedrive is overlapping my Dropbox file and i cannot access them. All my files have this little brown box image attached to them and i cannot access.

I reached out to Dropbox support team, they advise me to edit the registry editor and rename several OneDrive entries to Dropbox. I tried uninstalled OneDrive but still not point.

reinstalling Dropbox only solves the issue for several hours, then the brown box image returns.

Dropbox has no further suggestions for me, and told me to check with Microsoft.

Appreciate urgent support for this request, my files are very important.

Thanks.

6 Replies
Hi Muhammed_Neamy,

I recommend using only one sync solution. Using both solutions at the same time and certainly on the same files or folders will result in corruption.

I also advise against using the OneDrive Sync app but only using OneDrive Online or the MS Teams app to manage your files and folders.
Thank you for your response.

Yes, that is my intention. i completely removed OneDrive as i do not even use it. I use only Outlook, Teams, Word and Excel. yet i am still getting this issue.

Hi Muhammed_Neamy,

This action plan may resolve the issues:
- open CMD as an administrator
- sfc/scannow
- dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
- reboot your machine

Just finished it, no use :(
Hi Muhammed_Neamy,

Can you create a new Windows user profile and configure Dropbox? Your current Windows user profile might be corrupt.

@MathieuVandenHautte 

I actually did before posting here and didn't work.

Funny enough, the issue now seems to have been resolves on its own, Dropbox was just glitched and not syncing properly for some reason. its weird because reinstalling it did not work, but closing and opening the app did it!.

Thank you for your trouble.