Copilot monthly

Copper Contributor

With the release to NCE last week, I see price sheets only list annual prepare

when are monthly pay and month to month options coming? Nothing in the Feb release either.

customers want to try it before they buy it or have all other licensing on monthly pay plans. 
any insight here?

3 Replies
Microsoft is very strict in sharing info about these Copilot SKUs for different terms, so at the moment there is no information at all on when these will be available.

The reason why Monthly term/billing subscriptions aren't available is exactly what you're describing. Customer wants to try it out and see if it works for them.
Microsoft wants to limit these kind of cases, as they expect that customer would then stop the subscription in 1 or 2 months, without really diving into what it can and how it works.
Forcing customers to purchase Copilot for a full year, pushes the customers to really look at how it all works and allows them to adopt Copilot better. Increasing the embracement of Copilot at customers.

Looking at that point of view, I personally don't expect Monthly Copilot SKUs would be available anytime soon.
But these are just my insights. Not really an answer you're looking for, but it is what it is :)

Cheers,
Martijn

@LicensingConcierge1 

in the Jan published price books I see it as add on, but the only payment method is annual prepay. 
normally the add one or other SKUs have three options, annual prepay, annual commit with monthly payment or month to month for the premium cost.

for copilot it’s annual prepay only. When will

other options become available?

Hi @Steve_Leach1 

To purchase Copilot for Microsoft 365, Partners can transact Copilot for M365 as a standard add-on in New Commerce. There are no significant additional changes to CSP Partner Experience in transacting the Copilot for M365 add-on SKU vs. transacting any other add-on SKU.

Partners can identify the Copilot for Microsoft 365 SKU via the Partner Center UX by filtering for New Commerce add-ons in the product type dropdown. Prerequisite details are also available in the information icon next to the Copilot for Microsoft 365 add-on SKU.

Partners can also identify the Copilot for Microsoft 365 Add-On and the list of the prerequisites – by reviewing SKU details when getting SKUs via APIs. Add-ons can also be identified in the new commerce offer matrix “ProductSKUPreRequisites” column, as add-on SKUs with ProductSKUPreRequisites will have values.

LicensingConcierge1_0-1706036344488.png

For full Copilot for Microsoft 365 SKU information, CSP partners can view the updated price list. Alternatively, refer to the January 2024 Partner Center announcement regarding Copilot for Microsoft 365 Product/SKU ID for full details.  If you're unable to purchase as instructed, please submit a support ticket in Partner Center.

FYI: At this time, Copilot licenses are not available to partners through the Microsoft AI Cloud
Partner Program.

If this reply answers your question, please Accept as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Otherwise, please let me know if you need further assistance on this topic.

Regards,

Microsoft CSP Licensing Concierge