SOLVED

MSIX Packaging Tool Driver Installation Failure

Copper Contributor

I am not able to install MSIX Packaging Tool Driver . Can you any please help me on this. Details are below:

Windows Version: 1809 (OS Build 17763.973)

Downloaded MSIX Packaging Tool from Microsoft-MSIX Packaging Tool 

1. Launched MSIX Packaging Tool

2. Selected "Created Package on this Computer" Click Next

3. Getting the error "Driver Installation Failure"

4. Checked DISM Log:

Info DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=5132 TID=17768 Error in operation: (null) (CBS HRESULT=0x8024002e) - CCbsConUIHandler::Error
Error DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=5132 TID=8020 Failed finalizing changes. - CDISMPackageManager::Internal_Finalize(hr:0x8024002e)
Error DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=5132 TID=8020 Failed processing package changes with session options - CDISMPackageManager::ProcessChangesWithOptions(hr:0x8024002e)
Error DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=5132 TID=8020 Failed to install capability. - CPackageManagerCLIHandler::ProcessCmdLine_AddCapability(hr:0x8024002e)
Error DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=5132 TID=8020 Failed while processing command add-capability. - CPackageManagerCLIHandler::ExecuteCmdLine(hr:0x8024002e)

5. Checked CBS Log and below is the error

CBS Exec: Processing complete. Session: xxxxxxxxx, Package: Msix-PackagingTool-Driver-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.17763.1, Identifier: KB777778 [HRESULT = 0x8024002e - Unknown Error]

6. Downloaded FOD for MSIX Driver and used power shell script to install, but still getting error to install the driver

Dism /Online /add-package /packagepath:(path)

PowerShell command failure.jpgFOD Failure.jpg

11 Replies

Hi @vpanchumarthi,

I'm looking into this issue, thank you for reporting it. 

Best,

Sharla

hi @vpanchumarthi,

Looking at your errors, it looks like it might be that your Windows Update is not enabled. FODs are typically acquired from a remote source, such as the internet, and require Windows Update to be enabled. 

Best,

Sharla

@vpanchumarthi

If you cannot connect to Windows Update or the internet, here is some info on using the packaging tool in a disconnected environment.  

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/msix/packaging-tool/disconnected-environment

John.

Hi @Sharla_Akers ,

Thanks for your response. Windows Update is Active on my system. I tried to restart the service and launched tool again. Please find the screenshot for reference: 

WindowsUpdate_Status.jpg

best response confirmed by vpanchumarthi (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@vpanchumarthi 

In that case, it may be something to do with your environment. Are you in a WSUS or Systems Center (now Microsoft Endpoint Management) environment? If that is the case, you may need to refer to this documentation on specifying a different location for hosting the FoD.  The other option is to install the driver manually, you can find the information on that here

Best,

Sharla

Hi @Sharla_Akers ,

We are in WSUS. Have to do changes on GroupPolicy and Reg setting (to receive updates from Windows Updates). Now the drive installed succcessfully

Even i am getting the same issue, does anyone had luck with this ?

I also have the same issue did you find a way out ?@vpanchumarthi 

I had the same problem on my PC in Windows domain ending with some WSUS error in CBS.log.

I have found the way how to solve it:

Im having same issue and still lookin for answer

Hi..@vpanchumarthi 

这个问题是由于WSUS造成的,我们可以通过修改注册表来暂时解决。

1.计算机\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU

2.将右侧窗口,找到UseWUServer并双击进入修改数据数值,默认值为1,改成0;

3.右击桌面上“计算机”,选择“管理”,展开“服务和应用程序”,点击“服务”,在右侧窗口中找到“Windows Update”服务,将其重启动。

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by vpanchumarthi (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@vpanchumarthi 

In that case, it may be something to do with your environment. Are you in a WSUS or Systems Center (now Microsoft Endpoint Management) environment? If that is the case, you may need to refer to this documentation on specifying a different location for hosting the FoD.  The other option is to install the driver manually, you can find the information on that here

Best,

Sharla

View solution in original post