MSIX package Support Framework JSON Argument issue

Copper Contributor

I am trying to create some additional app shortcuts for Python (as part of ARCGISPro).

Firstly, I find it incredible that MS have not included basic shortcut functionality within MSIX, and we have to utilize PSF for some pretty basic requirements.

However, I guess this is where we are..

I have a problem with my config.json file as the arguments for Python also include file paths, and the .json file does not seem to accept these.

My local installation shortcut for iPython looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\cwp.exe" "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3" "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\python.exe" "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Scripts\ipython-script.py"

So cwp.exe is calling 1. arcgispro-py3, 2. python.exe, 3. ipython-script.py

I have created my config.json file as follows:

{
"applications": [
{
"id": "iPython",
"executable": "VFS/ProgramFilesX64/ArcGIS/Pro/Bin/cwp.exe
"arguments":"VFS/ProgramFilesX64/ArcGIS/Pro/Bin/python/envs/arcgispro-py3""VFS/ProgramFilesX64/ArcGIS/Pro/Bin/python/envs/arcgispro-py3/python.exe" "VFS/ProgramFilesX64/ArcGIS/Pro/Bin/python/envs/arcgispro-py3/scripts/ipython-script.py"
}
]
}

NickS_1-1638293784689.png

But I keep getting a failure of:

NickS_0-1638293682241.png

I'm not sure how the "arguments"  should be recorded:

1. Should I still be using the full VFS path for each call

2. Should I remove / add the " marks

3. Is this at all possible?

I can get it to work n more simple applications with standard "/argument " context, but not with this long VFS imbedded string.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 Reply
Hi Nick,
I think a closing quote is missing for executables and I will put the whole list of arguments in a set of double quotes and try escaping the quotes needed as a part of arguments to be passed on. I have messaged you for more details and with an example. Let me know if that works.

Harshada