How to include syswow64 dlls to HoloLens

Copper Contributor

Hello, 
I am trying to connect a Tello drone to HoloLens and display the camera feed from the drone directly to HoloLens. The problem that I have is that when I try to launch the project to HoloLens I get the following errors regarding the loading of the dlls:

Loading advapi32.dll
Plugins: Failed to load 'advapi32' with error 'Operation has failed with error 0x7f: The specified procedure could not be found.

Loading TelloVideoDecoder.dll
Plugins: Failed to load 'TelloVideoDecoder' because one or more of its dependencies could not be loaded.

The TelloVideoDecoder.dll has the following dependencies:

• SysWOW64\OPENGL32.dll
  • SysWOW64\WS2_32.dll
  • SysWOW64\kernel32.dll
  • SysWOW64\MSVCP140.dll
  • SysWOW64\VCRUNTIME140.dll
  • SysWOW64\ucrtbase.dll

Do you know if there is a way to include these windows dll in my project? Or is there any way to have this dlls installed on holoLens?

3 Replies
If you are deploying to HoloLens 2 you will need ARM binaries.
I'm using HoloLens 1. Do you know if something similar exists for the HoloLens 1?

@Chrisstyll I see, so you're loading (non-UWP) win32 dlls onto HoloLens 1. To check which dependency isn't found you could attach visual studio debugger to your app running on the device and I think you get a message in the output window when a dll is being loaded so maybe that would help. There is a possibility that you need to call LoadPackagedLibrary function (winbase.h) - Win32 apps | Microsoft Docs to load your dll but check this doc for details How to: Use existing C++ code in a Universal Windows Platform app | Microsoft Docs.
Are the vc libs installed? I guess they would be if you are running from VS but if you are creating an appx and installing via the developer portal make sure to add the framework dependencies that are produced alongside your appx.