Feature request: plan my day the night before

Iron Contributor
It would be great if you could plan your tasks for the following day. This is a great way to finish a working day, setting aside what to start or continue with in the next morning so you can forget about it until then.
70 Replies
This is something that we've been discussing. :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I think it would be a good idea, if you have an option to "auto-fill" My Day with planned To-Dos.
So I can set the due date for an entry for tomorrow and this will be in my tomorrows My Day automatically.

Best regards,
Nico

@Polly Davidson 

I'm brand new using Outlook, so I'm trying to learn how to use the task list. The training video for My day seems to indicate we have to do it in the morning. I agree with the other comments.  Planning the night before is really a best practice and using the existing due dates also makes tremendous sense.  Has there been any movement on this since these posts were made?

I was thinking the same, would love to see this feature, It would be really helpful.
+1 for this feature
Sounds good, I think this would need Microsoft To-Do to be integrated with Outlook Calendar which is also available on Windows 10 and provides you with options to select any day in the future and plan your days

That would be great! An important feature to plan your day.

+1 would be awesome, best way to let go of stuck thoughts!

@Polly Davidson - Are you guys still talking about this?  Or has it fallen off the todo list again.

It is one of those things I find very frustrating.  In an ideal world, I want to wake up, turn on my PC, and have To-Do give me a starter to My Day without me having to do anything.  So, that might be bits I added the day before expressly for the morning, anything left over undone, plus long term scheduled tasks that are due on that day.

My day should be a neat, unified list of disparate tasks.

Otherwise, I struggle to find a use for it.

I do understand that if I want to add tasks "for tomorrow" I can just schedule them in the normal way (and I think this is why this function has not been added to My Day), but that is  cumbersome.

A todo list works best when you can just throw things at it without having to think too much, and then it regurgitates it all at the right moment. :) 

PS - I am rather amused that Microsoft's new Editor addon for Chrome doesn't appear to work on this site!

Is there any progress on this feature request?

I like the idea of 'my day' but it is petty useless if I cannot plan at least the day before. And I don't understand why tasks having a 'due date' are not automatically on that list at that day.

Any feedback from microsoft would be nice, as this request is pretty old already.

@Boulezianpeach Completely support this feature request! I love Microsoft ToDo but many task management best practices encourage planning the night before - I want to wake up to my carefully planned to do's and not figure them out the morning of.

@CC Hogan 

Completely agree with this - such an obvious feature. What is the point of planning a task for a specific day to then have to move it on that day to the My Day section - it should automatically appear.

+1, would love it
I definately agree to what is being said here and want to add my vote for this feature. It does seem to be a basic feature that just makes good common sense. It is the way effective people have been operating for years.

I would also add the ability to have today's 'My Day' items that are not completed to automatically roll over to the next day.
Yep - me too. Such an oversight. Makes planning the night/afternoon before pointless. Not ideal.
“Are you guys still talking about this? Or has it fallen off the todo list again.” @CC Hogan maybe they put it on “My Day” the night before but forgot to add it back on in the morning after it fell off ...

@OliOliOli Hahaha :) Right, if they had implemented this requested feature maybe they wouldn't have missed this!

I really need this :D
How is that discussion progressing? I'd at least like to see the option to advance unfinished tasks to 'My Day' for the next business day.