Feature request: location based reminders

Iron Contributor
One of of Google keep notes that I used the most when using that app was location reminders. Since coming over to ToDo full time for tasks, I have missed it to the point of using location reminders on a different app when I need them.
Please add location reminders.
17 Replies
Thanks for the feedback! It is something that is on our list but we don't have a timeframe for it yet.
Yes, I badly want/need this too... also resorting to separate app for that, no good -- all should be consolidated in To-Do! :(
Hi! I'm migrating from wunderlist to, to-do now, after they could finally put "folders" like in wunderlist! (I was waiting for this function for a long time, since it was unusable). This feature, based location reminders, would be great to complete-solution for many people! Hopefully soon to have this great functionality. Thnks!

Yeah, location reminders would be great. Having that with the separate profiles for Work and personal would enable me to fully use To Do.

This would be a great feature. Please add!
Totally agree. This is huge.
Good idea. Yes.
Yes, please add location based reminders as soon as possible. I noticed that microsoft replied two years before but the feature was not integrated yet. How come to pass this important feature?
Almost 3 years later... do you have a timeline for this yet? Very suprising its not a feature. I was testing the To Do App out and lack of this feature means I am going to use Apple's Reminders App instead (unfortunately).

Yes location-based reminders would be great!

I'm using an iPhone 12 Pro and can not use location based remindes because the iOS reminders app is coupled with the MS ToDo-App which can not handle locations! Please implement this feature (iOS: Feature request: location based reminders - Microsoft Tech Community)

Yeah...

Is there anyone from Microsoft, who can tell if this feature is going to be implemented at all?

Currently I'm looking for a task organizer app as Todoist price increased. MS To Do is not overcomplicated - simple, yet not too limited. Except for location-based reminders...

It's even weirder when one uses Samsung phone. Their Reminder app supports location-based reminders, and it got integrated with Microsoft To Do. From Samsung Reminder app, you can save reminders in both services, yet full support is only when using Samsung account.

Samsung Reminders app can save tasks in Microsoft To Do, but when you open such task in To Do app, either on phone or desktop, you won't see such option or even that task has location reminder. When you set time reminder in To Do, location reminder in Samsung Reminders will be overwritten.
Like others here, I would find these incredibly useful. Will they actually be added? That was 3 years ago! Where are they?

@marcinsmialekI fully agree with what you said. Even worse: if you have picture reminders and move them to the To Do sections from within Samsung Reminders the pictures get stripped despite ANY filetype being supported (up to 25MB) by To Do.

As a customer I don't care who screwed this up, Samsung or Microsoft, all I care about is that since it's an official cooperation I have either party to get in touch with to blame, since they both need to work together to uphold the promise.

Location and full attachment support are very important to me. Reminders is the objectively better app, but sadly Samsung/Android-only. I also have Windows PCs though and even an iOS device, so in the best case I would like to use To Do on all devices where I have to and Samsung Reminders where I can whilst Microsoft provides the backend.

This is - besides "Today" not autofilling with due and overdue tasks... - the biggest gripe I have with To Do.

It's beyond me how this can be dragged for so long when Microsoft is THE Office, business, work company. I understand they try to want to be seen a bit differently these days, especially in terms of cloud, but if they let their former stronghold go too easily others will pick up the slack and errode Microsoft's identity...

To Do should be the most personalizable, adaptive to an individual's needs, robust task managament apps out there. Period.

Just wanted to add that I've been wanting this feature for years. Being able to see tasks on map (errands), is so powerful in time management. Bummer that this super useful feature still doesn't exist.
Would like MS products generally to provide more realistic support for all types of reminders, and multiple. Time and geofence. MS products lack good integration with other now more advanced app providers. Need standards.
Would love this! I do the same, have to switch back to Google Notes to help with my ADHD reminders by location