Removed users can rejoin in seconds bypassing the lobby

Brass Contributor

There is a post on this from July last year which suggest that MS were doing a fix so I am asking in case I have missed something.
Basically it seems that someone I removed from a teams conference can rejoin in seconds by pressing rejoin and bypasses the lobby - i.e. l once I've let them in from the lobby I can't get rid of them.
I am holding a public meeting.
I share the meeting link externally but set that people outside my organisation join in the lobby
(that stops joker like Mr Ben Dover joining)
But someone joins and is a nuisance so a presenter or owner clicks on the name and removes him.
His client immediately shows a rejoin button and on clicking teams seems to re-establish the existing session and puts them straight back into the meeting (to create more havoc) WITHOUT going into the lobby. this would seem to render remove entirely pointless.
I get that in an anonymous system, they could rejoin with a different name - but at least I could have the option of not re-admitting someone who hasn't started a new session and perhaps being suspicious of someone who joins halfway through a meeting with a different name shortly after someone was booted?
[The only way to get them to renter via the lobby again is to persuade them to close their browser and start again - which I suspect t my nuisance member won't do.
If anyone is concerned about the effect on someone who is dropped
1) the client could be updated to change behaviour on a remove "out" vs drop "rejoin" button on screen
2) the meeting could have an option to say whether those who are removed or dropped have to rejoin via the lobby so that it's a choice for organisers depending on the problem they have most often - nuisance attendees or nice attendees with poor internet connections.]

Am I missing something? Have MS really left this problem, unfixed since it was reported here back in July 19

0 Replies