SOLVED

Issue with jumping the cursor to the end of the text when switching keyboard layouts

Brass Contributor

I have experience issue that in MS Teams when typing text in the middle of the text, then switch of Language and continue typing causes caret to jump to the end of message
E.g.
SomeText {typing here, switch language and continue typing} SomeText {causes caret to jump here}.

16 Replies
Very annoying bug for non-english speakers. I think it occurs during the last month or so.
best response confirmed by yvygovskiy (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Is there any way to report a bug? Original post was more than week ago and there is still no reaction from Teams team. Very interesting policy: Teams will update every two weeks and you can't prevent it and if there is a bug nobody will react on it fast enough.
I find myself in a deadend: bug won't be fixed in the nearest future and there is no way to downgrade teams to stable version.

@yvygovskiy it seems that problem is only on Windows client. MacOS client works normally.

@dmaksimenkonone of the Teams support team contacted me, and I have not yet found a solution to fix the problem, other than installing an older build of teams. As far as I understand, Microsoft does not want to solve this problem

@@yvygovski try disabling spell-checking in MS Teams settings. Not a perfect solution, but at least in my case it helped.

Thank you, this works. Hope it gets fixed soon though, so we can have spell check as well.

A month later this is still an issue...

Too bad some of us are forced to use this dumpster fire of an app. 

Luckily the spell check workaround seems to have worked.

I confirm the Issue is still active and still super annoying!

Someone at Teams - Please FIX IT!!!!!!!!!

The only workaround is disabling Spell Check from the Settings.

The defect is still there - version 1.3.00.30866 (64-bit), updated today.

Still didn't fix. I think MS team no one really use bing.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by yvygovskiy (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Is there any way to report a bug? Original post was more than week ago and there is still no reaction from Teams team. Very interesting policy: Teams will update every two weeks and you can't prevent it and if there is a bug nobody will react on it fast enough.
I find myself in a deadend: bug won't be fixed in the nearest future and there is no way to downgrade teams to stable version.

View solution in original post