Error Please try again later when adding ANY existing list or creating new list in ANY Teams channel

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have multiple different lists added as tabs in different MS Teams standard channels and have had them working fine for a year. Company moved over to the new MS Teams a couple months ago and no problems.

A couple days ago I had to remove a List from a channel and now, I can't add it back. I keep getting  Error  Please try again later and the option to click a Refresh button.

asila04568_0-1708701498905.png

I did a bunch of troubleshooting to see if it was just this list or just this channel. The most frustrating part is that it doesn't appear to just be this list or channel now. Anything I try to do with the Lists app in Teams (add exisiting list or create a new list) in any channel in any team I have I get that error. The oddest part is that I have a List in one of these channels and it's working fine but I tested to see if I can add that List to another channel in the same team or different team since it's already added and working fine in one channel, but still get the error.

Even if I try to add any exisiting list or create a new one to the channel I already have the working List in, still get the error. I've created new teams and standard channels to test this and still....the same error.

My organization uses Lists in Teams specifically to manage and track important employee information and communicate using our teams channels. I am at a loss here and can't seem to find a solution. I've done troubleshooting with Lists already and posted this on the Microsoft Lists community hub as well but wanted to post here too since it could be both or some kind of issue with MS Teams itself.

FYI - I've already done tons of troubleshooting with MS Teams the last couple days, everything you can imagine, including uninstalling, reinstalling, trying on the web, etc, etc, etc, etc. 

8 Replies
We have the same issue and no one from MS Support can fix it for a couple of weeks now. :(
Thanks @thinfner, I really appreciate you commenting on my post! I know technology isn't perfect but this is super frustrating since it has a huge impact on my teams day to day (yours too I'm sure). I have to admit, I'm a bit relieved knowing this isn't an isolated issue or that I'm losing my mind :face_with_tears_of_joy:. This doesn't fix anything but I'm just happy to know none of us in the community aren't alone. Again, appreciate you.

Same issue :sad: and no joy getting help from Microsoft Support :facepalm: Strangely, we have one user that can add lists but so far everyone else is now unable to.

That one user is Sharepoint Admin by accident?
Great question @thinfner. I even had my company's IT Admin's check to see if they were having the issue and they are getting the same error. @TobyMai - does it just seem random the one user can add a list to a channel or do they have certain permissions?
Hi @thinfner and @TobyMai! Since our company ran into this problem, I've been checking everyday to see if the issue was resolved and on Tuesday when I tried to add a List to a Teams channel it miraculously worked! My IT department told me MS usually likes to do updates on Tuesdays (not sure if that had anything to do with it). Have you checked today and if so, are you still experiencing problems?
Seeing the same issue. I can't use the board style planner anymore either.
Looks like they're releasing a new all-in-one Planner app in Spring, so perhaps it's part of the swap over to that and we just need to wait a few more weeks?
It's supposed to be To Do, Tasks, Planner & Project all rolled into one package and baked into Teams with some AI features. should be good but still annoying until then.