Can not enter team

Copper Contributor

I have a problem where I already sent the request to enter the team, but the owner did not found any of my request to enter the team. Does anyone knows how to solve this problem?

1 Reply

@aziemzulthe instructor should be able to get you a Join code for the Team. The difference between using a Join Code and a link to the Team is that with the Join code you are automatically added to the Team as a member, where as with a link to the Team the request has to be approved or denied. There is no request generated when a Join code is used. The instructor can generate the Join code and send it to you to join the Team by following these steps (see attached screenshot)Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 11.33.23 PM.png:

1. Click the 3 dots beside the Team name>Manage Team
  2. Click on 'Settings' at the top
  3. Click on 'Team code' to expand the section
  4. Click on the 'Generate' button to create a 'Join code' for the Team
  5. Copy and send the 'Join code' for you to use

The only other factor that I noted in your screenshot is that it says the Team is limited to specific groups. If these are Microsoft 365 groups and you are not a member of one of these groups then it could be blocking your request. Also ensure that you are not signed in with other Microsoft accounts in the same browser that could be interfering with authentication.