Modern Stream and OneDrive Capacity

Brass Contributor

I can't seem to find any information about this. If meeting recordings are now being stored in OneDrive, surely those drives are going to be rapidly overfilled? What is the best practice to prepare for this? Are we supposed to increase all our OD storage limits infinitely on a case by case basis? Our users use the record functionality a great deal. Has anyone else planned for this?

3 Replies

@Kotus-Tech365you might find this section of the Microsoft Stream Roadmap helpful:  How will storage quota work?

Basically, the new Stream will provide tenant administrators with greater flexibility in managing, deleting and cleaning-up recordings. Part of that will the ability to set a default 'life-span' for meeting recordings. In other words, meeting recordings will auto-delete after 60 days. My understanding is that there will be some way to specify whether a recording is 'education or training' related so that it isn't automatically deleted.

It's interesting and a little frustrating that this is their best answer! I can think of more use cases where one would need to retain a meeting recording than where one would need to delete it! How very annoying. Thanks.

@Kotus-Tech365 - Sorry for my super late reply. But now that you've had meeting recordings saving to ODB and SPO for a while do you have additional feedback on storage quotas, storage management, and life cycle? 

What other things are we missing in this area that we should think about building, adding, or enhancing?