SOLVED

Uploading MP3 and WAV Only files

Brass Contributor

Hi all

I am experiencing problems uploading Mp3 or Wav content. when i upload mp3 or wav content,  just before it completes publishing, i receive the attached error.

mp3 and wav error.png

but on your support portal it says that mp3 and wav are supported formats.

https://stream.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/stream-formats/#input-audio-codecs

we have an academic who runs classess in sexual health where the students do not feel comfortable in recorded Video lecture captures.  I suggested to get around this, we could record it as audio only,

Here is the file information using media info. the audio is playable.

Audio
Format : MPEG Audio
Format version : Version 1
Format profile : Layer 3
Mode : Joint stereo
Mode extension : MS Stereo
Duration : 41 min 17 s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 128 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 44.1 kHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 37.7 MiB (100%)
Writing library : LAME3.99r
Encoding settings : -m j -V 4 -q 2 -lowpass 17 -b 128

as a short term work around , i have suggested to save as a m4a or mp4 but long term i don't think she will want to do this

i spoke to our O365 and he said the file associations are set on the back end.

could you investigate or give some suggestions.

regards

Gordon

2 Replies
best response confirmed by anonymous-user (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@Gee,

At the moment, Stream does not support audio-only uploads. 

The documentation page to which you refer is listing the audio codecs supported within a video container.   I understand that this is a bit confusing, and will work to make this restriction stated a little more clearly.

If you would like to upload audio files to Stream, currently the only approach is to create a blank/static video with your audio file as the contained audio track.  The folks over at Youtube have great instructions on how to convert an audio file on both Windows and Mac here Smiley Happy

Sorry for the inconvenience!

-Adarsh

Thanks Adarsh

I was able to get it to work. I had to use VLC media, i converted the audio file to wmv, then used Movie maker to insert the wmv and then added an image file to this and saved as a mp4..

thanks for your help and advice.

regards

Gordon

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by anonymous-user (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@Gee,

At the moment, Stream does not support audio-only uploads. 

The documentation page to which you refer is listing the audio codecs supported within a video container.   I understand that this is a bit confusing, and will work to make this restriction stated a little more clearly.

If you would like to upload audio files to Stream, currently the only approach is to create a blank/static video with your audio file as the contained audio track.  The folks over at Youtube have great instructions on how to convert an audio file on both Windows and Mac here Smiley Happy

Sorry for the inconvenience!

-Adarsh

View solution in original post