Preview video Thumbnail In mobile Yammer App

Copper Contributor
Hi all, does anyone experience the following: when sharing a MS stream video in Yammer we see that while using the Yammer web application A thumbnail of the linked Stream video is shown in the post you create. However if we look at the same post in the mobile Yammer app the thumbnail isn’t shown. A placeholder image in the primary MS Stream color & logo is displayed. Does anyone know why this happens and can it be solved in such a way the video thumbnail is also shown in the post on the Yammer mobile app?
2 Replies

I posted this over on the Microsoft Yammer group and they are aware of the issue.  

https://www.yammer.com/roberthalf.com/#/Threads/show?threadId=605491508084736&search_origin=global&s...

Part of the challenge is the way our link preview service works. Stream (and SharePoint) require authentication to get to the content in order to be able to provide a preview. We're working on fixing this (for Stream and SharePoint). No timeframe on this yet, though.

@Eric_Mooij 

Thanks Scott! Sorry firmly late response! I had some login issues... :-). I will definitely read your post on this!

Cheers!
Eric