SOLVED

How to move videos from one group to another?

Copper Contributor

Part 1:

Can I do this by making the new group "Owner" for all videos?

Part 2:

If a video has Group A, Group B and User C set as the "Owner", what happens when someone deletes Group A? Will this retain the video with Group B and User C?

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Chanaka Palliyaguru (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Part 1:

Yes. If you make the new group an owner or viewer of the video and the display check box is checked then it show up in the new group. We don't have a bulk way to do this for all videos, you'd have to do it one by one. (Please add your votes/comments to this idea in our ideas forum for bulk operations: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Stream-Ideas/Bulk-Actions-Add-multiple-videos-to-ch...)

Part 2:

If a video has Group A, Group B and User C set as the "Owner", what happens when someone deletes Group A? Will this retain the video with Group B and User C?

Yes it will. In Stream the video is the main source of truth and it references/is permissioned into other groups. So when you delete a group it doesn't delete all the videos permissioned to it.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Chanaka Palliyaguru (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Part 1:

Yes. If you make the new group an owner or viewer of the video and the display check box is checked then it show up in the new group. We don't have a bulk way to do this for all videos, you'd have to do it one by one. (Please add your votes/comments to this idea in our ideas forum for bulk operations: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Stream-Ideas/Bulk-Actions-Add-multiple-videos-to-ch...)

Part 2:

Yes it will. In Stream the video is the main source of truth and it references/is permissioned into other groups. So when you delete a group it doesn't delete all the videos permissioned to it.

View solution in original post